Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Sovereignty of God

Isn't it great that we have a God who is absolutely in control of everything! In the midst of a world with chaos and confusion, I know that somehow, God is working through it. He doesn't just react to situations, he is working in the midst of them.

Exodus 34 gives us a description of our God. "The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin." What does that statement have to do with his sovereignty? Well, if God is absolutely in control of everything. And if He is compassionate and gracious, patient, loving and faithful...I know that all situations are for my good...whether they seem like they are the worst things that could possibly happen. Paul put it another way, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

I like this article by John Piper...it talks a little bit about this.

No comments: