Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'm No Julia Childs, BUT

I’m cooking up a storm!!! Well, it’s nothing for your average cook, but in the past few days I feel like all I’ve done is cook! And I’ve been enjoying it! I’m experimenting with things because I have to substitute ingredients for what we have locally, and screwing some things up, but it’s fun and we eat it anyway :) I can’t wait to become a cooking fool! Meaning...I can’t wait until I cook well and don’t screw things up and don’t have to look at the recipe 50 times while I make something.

I’ll have to take some pics of what I’m making and post those bad boys. It’s really quite an accomplishment considering what I’m working with here. I have plenty, but it’s a lot less convenient than in the US. Especially when the power’s out. I get to use a hand mixer! Or my hands :)

From SCRATCH:
cream sauce (with Ethiopian “parmesan” that turned into DELICIOUS stringy cheese globs)
Yeast rolls (although the active dry yeast was no longer “active” so they didn’t actually fluff - another batch is on the way)
meat and tomato pasta sauce
yummy omelettes

No comments: